Skip to main content

Wedding cakes



Authors blog
The first I saw of wedding cake as a project is on smitten kitchen website, which gave me an idea that it is not a snap. A colleague's wife, an avid baker's recent project was a wedding cake. It needs time and obviously preservation, so freezing.
The raspberry poking out of the whipped cream layer in the Italian wedding cake has sent me on a wild plucked goose chase. Shamrock farms has a 50% sale. what best time to buy whipping cream for the frosting. I made my first buy of
cake flour
At first I thought Bashas might not carry it and there it was one of those boxed things instead of the usual the paper bag things  with the sack look.
A friend  has these kind of layered cakes for birthday parties. with her birthday in the offing, I thought it would be a great idea. I have been struggling with the whipped cream. Stabilizing. whew! The confectioners sugar was supposed to do that. It might be a better idea to just open the damned thing and fix the gears in the electric mixer. The effect of vanilla extract, powdered sugar, co2, gelatin on whipped cream and the chemistry of whipped to butter. Wow, adding caramel to the whipped cream.
I was about to make strawberry pecan cake cupcakes, but thought might not be special enough. Giftee has voted down cake for its quantity and sucrosity.
Buttermilk from the Shamrock sale can be used for the strawberry pecan cupcakes.
I forgot to spray the parchment paper. How easy it is to forget to put what you dont have.


While this space should be taken by time and baking, I would like to speak for the blackbox. The end result will be crumbly in a good way. And the toasted nuts and the natural red colour of the batter. Gotto have some. Can you see the
corners of the cupcakes?




Back to the wedding cake, which didnt need whipped cream from a  quart of cream. I have to find ways of using it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.