Skip to main content

Food tales from NC

I have never seen a menu with mexican fare like los tres magueyes where I found many things that I wanted to try. I liked Tiras de Pollo and Pollo a la Parilla, I ended up having Tilapia Cancun. The sauce was overwhelming, wish I had asked for it on the side.

Thai food at Champa was a relief after the horrible Thai Chicken Pizza at airport CPK. We had Champa pad thai and basil fried rice and devoured every bit of it.

We learnt how to make waffles.Fried Sweet potato cylinders for breakfast.

Chicken Breast Pita and Rice Platter at Greek fiesta were so so. Chicken kabob served on th skewer was well done.
Icecream at Crema. Peach Pecan, Mochalua Hazelnut with chocolate icecream. I liked it.

Biryani at Paradise was our goal, but unfortunately at lunch time, only buffet is available. We were happy nevertheless with Sambhar that meant business - lentils and vegetables and not a sappy colour liquid, that made all the idli, vada and pongal dive into the sambhar bowl. Even papad had to follow. Tikka masala seemed sweet and I didnt like it, but that must be my new sense of tastewhere over tangy to others does not seem so to me. Beans with Aloo turned out to be a nice combination.

I have been told that The pit is a great place for BBQ.

Trees four stories high. Water fountain in which water jumped from one spot to another like a fish, in my husband's words. With evenly spaced sensors, you could maneuver the fountain.

Theres more public parking in Raleigh downtown than people.

A park had an acorn statue.

A Brown Thrasher in the driveway.

Jordan lake is an amazing sight to watch from the plane. Just after rising from Charlotte, the plane was at an angle to the earth, it was surreal following the loop of a river.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.