Skip to main content

besan

Over a recent vacation, I had puri with aloo curry which had some soothing gravy in it. The host said that it had besan in it. So next thing to try is besan and aloo curry. This dum aloo with besan recipe sounds very interesting. If I can make puri masala like this, I will recreate all the times I enjoyed it in the hostel. Theres a dry/fry version of aloo that my mom makes with boiled aloo that I dream of making, never quite get there with the boiledness of potatoes - due to microwave shortcuts.
All this besan mania happened when I was making brinjal curry which needed some time in cooking and my hunger led me to make the quick besan curry. I had tiny lumps in the curry. I asked my mom about premixing the besan in water, she thinks its not tasty that way. Besan curry was a favorite for the dinner, as it gets done in no time. My grandmom made the same curry very thick, not our favorite consistency.
I still need to find out why the bachali pappu I made last week was gooey. If I shouldnt be boiling the lentils with bachali??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.