Skip to main content

Peek into a recipe


A Good recipe has a surprise lurking in it.
A friend sent me this recipe of
Icecream cookie cups. It won the Pillsbury contest. I came to know of it from the book Ungarnished Truth by a contestant winner. This was the book that got me into baking with its Spicy Dinner rolls with a stuffing of yogurt, peanuts, spices and green onions. She needed a clarification on the recipe. I could have faked understanding, not knowing what I didnt know. There was cookie dough in the fridge. All I had to do was line the dough along the cupcake liner. Bake it for a while or so I thought. When I saw the future mould melt into one mass, I could have been making half muffins. I went back to the recipe, only then did I see the gimmick it involved of using a wooden spoon to make an indentation. I did that blindly, not half trusting what it would turn out into. Given the cooling time, they sure did become what they were meant to be. I was ready for the quiz. Still better, my friend had the first step towards the million dollar treat. When she couldnt find words to describe the whole deal, I did not have much to linger on. But when I had the icecram into cookie bite, I exactly got what she meant - have to have to know how good it is.


I found the frozen dough work better than cookie batter. When I had a mix for cookies, I just went ahead and for the first round of cookies tried to make a shaded circle of the cookie dough. I should have known from the above experiment that it wouldnt matter. When they were ready I was pleasantly surprised that most of them were in good circle except for one which tried to become a heart. Freedom from having to get the shape right.

10.6.10

Going through Julia's Kitchen wisdom, I see her write on cookie cups. I like that her creme patisserie recipe has less fat compared to Gordon Ramsay's in Maze for chocolate paper. Her Mousse recipe too does without heavy whipping cream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.