Skip to main content

Menu del Dia





Menu Del Dia is a spanish cook book with no pictures. But the layout of the book is quite like a story book with creamish pages and titles in color and stylish font. With most cookbooks, I tend to just leaf through them and not try them out. I dont want to have much to do with oil or too many ingredients. this book fit in the bill with not one but three recipes. In the spirit of Pan amb tomaquet, a recipe I knew I had to try as soon as I read of it, some more simple recipes.
1. Ajo blanco
I couldnt put as much oil as the recipe called for. I stripped it to minimum quantity, so that I wouldnt have to finish it all by myself. The woes of food that turns out bad. Enoki mushrooms turned out so bad that I even started hating the apricot face wash for a day or two as it reminded me of the E mushrooms. Green papaya strips, first day had to be seen as something tangy and the next day, I had to consider them as bittergourd. After having blended the bread, I marveled that the bread got lost in the soup. I thought it would have tasted better with salt. later, I reviewed the recipe and realised that I forgot to add the salt.

6.9.10
2. Roasted bell peppers with Almonds and Raisins
First off toasted almonds smell good. I didnt roast the peppers enough for the skin to peel off. I wondered if that was really needed as we have peppers with it too. Well post making, I saw the need for it. At first state it seemed fine, but I like it better refrigerated.

Provisions for the gazpacho have hit the bin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.