Skip to main content

Simply Korean: Easy Recipes for Korean Favorites That Anyone Can Make

 



Simply Korean: Easy Recipes for Korean Favorites That Anyone Can Make by Aaron Huh


We love watching Maangchi videos.
We have had Kimchi and Kimchi pancakes from Costco.
Having enjoyed cole slaw, I will try making instant kimchi at home for all its fermented and probiotic goodness. All those neatly cut arrangements in bibimbap are definitely inspiring to make. True to the preface of the book, all the recipes have fewer ingredients and simple steps. One of the balls of rice looked so aesthetic. All the pictures are inviting to try out the recipe. I dont think I have seen a simpler book for someone who is new to Korean cooking and wants to try something easy.
If you are wondering about the dish on the cover of the book, its rice cakes and there's royal version of it too.
I guess we now have to watch Aaron's videos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Egg Malai Masala

  Egg Malai Masala  Its fun when things turn out as they should. I pureed the onions and then cooked them well. I added the milk for the egg Malai Masala and made chicken curry with other half of the onion base. I used kasoori methi in both. Many times I have felt the onions grainy, but this time I got it right. Patience.

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

Mohanthal

Today I learnt of Mohanthal from a neighbor at community potluck. One of the dishes was a malai kofta made from mexican squash. Another neighbor spoke about how hard she found to make batura. She said that as she would shape the dough, it would spring back to its original shape. That makes me appreciate the complexity of dishes and the act of cooking. My neighbor impressed with my interest in he sweet, shared some Mohanthal with us. It is truly a sweet from heaven. I was reminded of a sweet from my marriage. Another neighbor quipped about the satisfactoin of eating when very hungry and not as much when you eat on time everyday, which resonated in the following lines of Charles Bukowski in  Wandering in the cage. "the best thing about near-starvation and hunger is that when you finally eat it is such a beautiful and delicious and magical thing. people who eat 3 meals a day throughout life have never really tasted food… "