Skip to main content

Potato Pancake + Polenta upma

Sometime I think, culinary experiments at home are more of 'What can i get away with?'
I started out with a plan of making normal upma, meaning not semiya (vermicelli) upma which is my elder daughter's favorite. She was out on a sleep over, so we had to make the normal upma with farina.
Then I laid my eyes on Streits potato pancake mix. By then I had peanuts, diced carrots and onions sauteeing in the pan. And just because no one will question me, I tore the aluminium packet of the potato pancake and mixed it to the cooking veggies. The powder coated them all well. And then I realised that we had some Delallo instant polenta to take care of. with lightning speed, I added some water to the pan. In a while it started boiling with the starch paste. I ignored the impending doom and added the polenta, as it wouldnt take too long to cook. After few minutes, the overall outcome is palatable and in the end it didnt even scream failure or experiment.
So go mix things you wouldnt....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.