Skip to main content

Great food regions?



I passed this book over thinking what might Oliver have left to say after so many thick books. I had to see the book when it turned up at my desk.
The page numbers are also in the language of the places he visited.

Gazpacho in glasses was all I needed to keep going on.
Incredible olive oil biscuits the book has the biscuits thinner than this page here.
The anchovies are arranged jig jag in a plate like ribs at an angle.
Jamie cradles a stuffed zucchini flower
How crazy is it to add an author picture between bibliography pages
Some pictures in a page are black while others on the same page are colourful

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

Egg Malai Masala

  Egg Malai Masala  Its fun when things turn out as they should. I pureed the onions and then cooked them well. I added the milk for the egg Malai Masala and made chicken curry with other half of the onion base. I used kasoori methi in both. Many times I have felt the onions grainy, but this time I got it right. Patience.

Mohanthal

Today I learnt of Mohanthal from a neighbor at community potluck. One of the dishes was a malai kofta made from mexican squash. Another neighbor spoke about how hard she found to make batura. She said that as she would shape the dough, it would spring back to its original shape. That makes me appreciate the complexity of dishes and the act of cooking. My neighbor impressed with my interest in he sweet, shared some Mohanthal with us. It is truly a sweet from heaven. I was reminded of a sweet from my marriage. Another neighbor quipped about the satisfactoin of eating when very hungry and not as much when you eat on time everyday, which resonated in the following lines of Charles Bukowski in  Wandering in the cage. "the best thing about near-starvation and hunger is that when you finally eat it is such a beautiful and delicious and magical thing. people who eat 3 meals a day throughout life have never really tasted food… "