Skip to main content

Happy New Year 2016 with Ragi Carrot and Nut Cake

Ragi Carrot and nut cake

I looked once or twice to make Cardamom Cream Cake but because of the many steps, I passed it.
When Ragi Carrot and Nut Cake came across, I looked at few ingredients and thought it might be fine. My sister likes fruit and nut cake around this time, so i thought it might be fit in well. I had just looked at Ragi dark chocolate cake but it just used 1/2 cup flour and this one was more than 2 cups flour. So I went ahead with it, I thought it a good time to use Panela. Everything was fine until I came across the step for grated carrots and potatoes, Potatoes I thought .. must be some mistake. I went to the ingredients list and sure enough found potatoes there. I knew I wasnt going to put potatoes in the cake. I went ahead and doubled the carrots itself. meanwhile, the flour mixture, butter and panels were all looking still crumbled and in need of some wet ingredient. And then I realised that I still had to use yogurt. My little helper said it got hard to mix. I realised that I needed to add some more liquid to it. I added some milk. Somewhere around this point I gave up on it.                                                                                                                                                                             Went ahead with Hyderabadi chand cookies. I realised that they are similar to Sugar cookies. well into the minutes of new year, the ragi cake didnt show signs of cooking. It seemed like I had put the fork into a swamp and I could have dredged out a lotus. I bake dit upwards of 1hr 10 min and postponed looking at it till morning. In the morning, I found that it hardened. since the cake is there anyways, we got ready to cut it. And then cutting it, my husband and I were taking turns following each other in a bee line for the cake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.