Skip to main content

Quaker Quick Barley



Barley Soup
When the Costco ran out of the trifecta of frozen mixed vegetables - green bean, carrots and peas, I had to buy the Normandy version of it. They are huge chunks, so there is never a weekend I think when I put the vegetables to fry a bit while making sooji upma or semiya upma, I will wait till these big pieces cook a bit.
Few days ago when I got tired of waiting for the bananas to ripen, I boiled the diced banana and made a curry of it. I stored the boiled water for soup.
This quick Barley  was a snap to put together. I let the barley and vegetables to boil for upwards of 40 min and then they turned to pearls. Makes me think that Barley Bellam payasam will be great. While adding pepper to the soup, I found a pop tab can of tomato sauce. how convenient. Since I had way too much polenta in the morning and didnt feel hungry, so I could wait all the time the vegetables and barley needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.