Skip to main content

Using up extra whipped cream




Jelly Roll is something that I have been thinking of making for a while. I have  a rickety cookie sheet which formed  a cake, thick on one side and thin on another. But the cake itself is way thinner. It also had huge pockets of  gas filled up. Reminds me of the cake mass where the assistant reverses the ratio of baking soda and flour. But once cooled and wrapped in towel (I used the paper towel, which seemed to work fine), the cake was dandy .
I did end up doing the assistnat's blooper with putting 1 cup butter instead of 1/2 cup butter while making cream puffs. if not for this exercise I wouldnt realise my error.
In the jelly roll, I used
Kissan jam and whipped cream. 
We always pass by the costco frozen aisle, look at the cream puffs. But that jumbo box is one too many cream puffs.
Its not everyday that we make cream puffs, so I made some eclairs too to go with the whipped cream filling.
You dont find the whipped cream in the picture as it needs to be had when eaten.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.