Skip to main content

Salmon nights

Betty Crocker's cold poached salmon with herb mayonnaise

While looking for Salmon Almodine, I found Almond crusted salmon caramelized onions and basil. I wasnt upto caramelizing the onions but my husband missed them onions today when I realised that I forgot to add the onions while boiling the water.
He is also a big fan of mustard, so next time its poached salmon with honey mustard sauce. We couldnt wait to chill the salmonf or 2 whole hours after cooking it. And no leftovers to find how the cold poached salmon tastes.
I didnt want to waste the water. I boiled rice with it. Interestingly the rice cooked on stove, had a puffy quality to it.
Keeping the Betty Crocker recipes mania alive, I made a banana cake with buttermilk.

At a friends house, had Rice ravva upma.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.