Skip to main content

Break cake

It is ironic that the time that I have been eating lots is the time that I have been writing less of it. I havent been having much variety. Bored of whole wheat with peaut butter and brown rice, I have finally moved to some grapes and banana.
I first read of Viennese brownies on womansday.com but hey picture wins. with these I hope to break the fast of not having made desserts in a long time.
I have a birthday coming up. Cake time again. Yippee!

Thinking about Viennese brownies, I realise that it rhymes. Instead of baking them in a 9x9 square pan, I used a 8in round pan. And there started my troubles. I dont know why I wanted the brownies to be like pie slices, I had to almost bake them double time. Family and friends liked the taste, so no regret. I felt that the cream cheese part tasted like khalakand sweet.What I made didnt have the nice sandwich layer like in the pictures. once of the reasons is the swirl that I did which I shouldnt have because I put almond slices on the top. It was hard to decide what I wanted. The swirl look or the almond topping look. I was going to do half of this and half of that, but I did both which kind of served only half the purpose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.