Skip to main content

Fitness bread pakora


My husband got home a Famous German 'Fitness Bread' packet. I had some idea of what to expect of the German bread.

earlier I would have dunked it in tea. I had a fallback recipe for it if it was still languishing in the pantry. Making a bread upma.
In few days, the packet moved into the fridge. The sense of urgency has increased.
Friday night, my daughter said that she wants something special for breakfast on saturday. No idea what the special had to be. I did get an answer that the special was because of the holiday. I promised Bread Pakora (Yes, bread pakora can be pan fried) which she didnt care for as it has been a long time since I made it.
With these things in background, my saturday afternoon, my brain had churned enough with brand new Fitness bread pakora idea.  (Hint for innovation - stock up good ideas if you want those to be incorporated for new materials.)

On the left is the scrambled egg with the fitness bread which I made last. To make it as a bread upma, onions and vegetables could be added.On the right is the Fitness bread pakora, which is the fitness bread dunked in a batter of bengal gram lentil powder (besan) and spices and then pan fried. The middle one is little chunks of the same for kids. They all turned out great.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

Egg Malai Masala

  Egg Malai Masala  Its fun when things turn out as they should. I pureed the onions and then cooked them well. I added the milk for the egg Malai Masala and made chicken curry with other half of the onion base. I used kasoori methi in both. Many times I have felt the onions grainy, but this time I got it right. Patience.

Mohanthal

Today I learnt of Mohanthal from a neighbor at community potluck. One of the dishes was a malai kofta made from mexican squash. Another neighbor spoke about how hard she found to make batura. She said that as she would shape the dough, it would spring back to its original shape. That makes me appreciate the complexity of dishes and the act of cooking. My neighbor impressed with my interest in he sweet, shared some Mohanthal with us. It is truly a sweet from heaven. I was reminded of a sweet from my marriage. Another neighbor quipped about the satisfactoin of eating when very hungry and not as much when you eat on time everyday, which resonated in the following lines of Charles Bukowski in  Wandering in the cage. "the best thing about near-starvation and hunger is that when you finally eat it is such a beautiful and delicious and magical thing. people who eat 3 meals a day throughout life have never really tasted food… "