Skip to main content

Semi udupi Veg pulav

Having just made chicken biryani, I altered plans of making veg biryani to veg pulav.  I started looking at Sanjay Thumma's veg pulav which had  a mention of udupi style pulao in which the vegetables are deep fried and then added in the end. By then I had already watched a video of Desi potato korma. I didnt want to boil potatoes, and then thought may be I could fry potatoes or bell pepper and use it in this curry recipe. This udupi style veggie frying and the additions for the korma, converged and thats when I thought that this whole mish mash of somewhere in between udupi style was going to be my ultimate pulav without need of a curry. Instead of deep frying, I did free style frying with lots of oil. I added 1 cup of milk and 3 cups water for 2 cups rice. I could have gone with a little less oil. But the recipients enjoyed the pulav and made all the mental effort worthwhile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.