Skip to main content

One Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder






I am always looking for flavours to add to milk, so I dont have to add sugar. Ever since I read of matcha in baking, it was a mystery to me. Matcha green tea powder when added to hot milk, added a perceptible taste but thats something that needs getting used too to. There was some green sediments left over . When it comes to baking, even after the high heat action, the baked goods - matcha swirl shortbread cookies and matcha cup cakes had a natural green colour.

Matcha shortbread cookies  tasted just like naan khatai. It is a good option when to make vegeterian baking, when you are meeting someone for the first time and you dont know if they eat eggs or not. I wanted to welcome our neighbours with brownies, in the TV style but they appreciated these even better. Only the swirl got lost because, baking them in the bottom row gave them a brown crust. Phew! all that effort into making two different doughs.

Matcha cupcakes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Egg Malai Masala

  Egg Malai Masala  Its fun when things turn out as they should. I pureed the onions and then cooked them well. I added the milk for the egg Malai Masala and made chicken curry with other half of the onion base. I used kasoori methi in both. Many times I have felt the onions grainy, but this time I got it right. Patience.

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

Mohanthal

Today I learnt of Mohanthal from a neighbor at community potluck. One of the dishes was a malai kofta made from mexican squash. Another neighbor spoke about how hard she found to make batura. She said that as she would shape the dough, it would spring back to its original shape. That makes me appreciate the complexity of dishes and the act of cooking. My neighbor impressed with my interest in he sweet, shared some Mohanthal with us. It is truly a sweet from heaven. I was reminded of a sweet from my marriage. Another neighbor quipped about the satisfactoin of eating when very hungry and not as much when you eat on time everyday, which resonated in the following lines of Charles Bukowski in  Wandering in the cage. "the best thing about near-starvation and hunger is that when you finally eat it is such a beautiful and delicious and magical thing. people who eat 3 meals a day throughout life have never really tasted food… "