Skip to main content

How do you pick a recipe?

For a potluck, I was going to make a vegetarian curry. You already know a way to make the normal curry but you want it to be somehting special especially for Thanksgiving. I searched for Aloo Korma and found this recipe interesting because of the presence of fried onions. Earlier I have used fried onions in green bean casserole or biryani but nothing else. I was excited about the recipe because of the twist in the ingredients.

As befits our modern life, recipe viewership, I saw the recipe here and there, I was happily swimming along with the bits and pieces I gathered from the recipe, and then suddenly I wondered how do we use the fried onions? May be garnishing? I went back to the recipe with the investigative streak, ofcourse not as thoroughly and maybe sort of udnerstood that the onion paste was from the fried onions.

I went back to the video today and did see that the onions were fried as part of the process. If the initial picture showed raw onions, I wouldnt even have probably made such ado about the recipe. All in all, it was a fun goof up. I added up using fried onions as garnish and a good lesson to fry the onions a bit before making a paste.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.