Skip to main content

A Taste of Thai Spicy Peanut Bake



In a Shop your closet before buying a new outfit, I recalled that there was A Taste of Thai Spicy Peanut Bake available in the pantry from my previous foraging there.
I had leftover rotisserie chicken from Costco, Kale that I badly need (for vitamin C to keep me fit from cold ) and ofcourse the strong urge to eat something spicy.
In minutes, I had the kale, chicken and the colorful bake conversing happily in the pan. When I tasted it to see if I needed to add more spice to counter abundance of chicken, it was way low on the scale of spice that it made more sense to leave it as a sweet chicken than load it with spice.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Egg Malai Masala

  Egg Malai Masala  Its fun when things turn out as they should. I pureed the onions and then cooked them well. I added the milk for the egg Malai Masala and made chicken curry with other half of the onion base. I used kasoori methi in both. Many times I have felt the onions grainy, but this time I got it right. Patience.

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

Mohanthal

Today I learnt of Mohanthal from a neighbor at community potluck. One of the dishes was a malai kofta made from mexican squash. Another neighbor spoke about how hard she found to make batura. She said that as she would shape the dough, it would spring back to its original shape. That makes me appreciate the complexity of dishes and the act of cooking. My neighbor impressed with my interest in he sweet, shared some Mohanthal with us. It is truly a sweet from heaven. I was reminded of a sweet from my marriage. Another neighbor quipped about the satisfactoin of eating when very hungry and not as much when you eat on time everyday, which resonated in the following lines of Charles Bukowski in  Wandering in the cage. "the best thing about near-starvation and hunger is that when you finally eat it is such a beautiful and delicious and magical thing. people who eat 3 meals a day throughout life have never really tasted food… "