Skip to main content

Capital Teas Cream Earl Grey Black Tea


I had the Capital Teas Cream Earl Grey Black Tea with milk and sugar. Before adding sugar, the vanilla in it made it smell sweet like caramel. When I sipped it, it definitely needed sugar. After a sips or two, the overpowering saccharine smell diminshed, when I could really being to enjoy the tea. As I kept having it, I felt like I was in a garden eating some flowers, not that I have done something like it before (but how tasting a flower which smells so would be) but that the smoothness and complexity of this tea is in its waltz of taste and smell synesthesia. Oolong tea has never caught me. But I look forward to trying more Earl grey teas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Egg Malai Masala

  Egg Malai Masala  Its fun when things turn out as they should. I pureed the onions and then cooked them well. I added the milk for the egg Malai Masala and made chicken curry with other half of the onion base. I used kasoori methi in both. Many times I have felt the onions grainy, but this time I got it right. Patience.

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

Mohanthal

Today I learnt of Mohanthal from a neighbor at community potluck. One of the dishes was a malai kofta made from mexican squash. Another neighbor spoke about how hard she found to make batura. She said that as she would shape the dough, it would spring back to its original shape. That makes me appreciate the complexity of dishes and the act of cooking. My neighbor impressed with my interest in he sweet, shared some Mohanthal with us. It is truly a sweet from heaven. I was reminded of a sweet from my marriage. Another neighbor quipped about the satisfactoin of eating when very hungry and not as much when you eat on time everyday, which resonated in the following lines of Charles Bukowski in  Wandering in the cage. "the best thing about near-starvation and hunger is that when you finally eat it is such a beautiful and delicious and magical thing. people who eat 3 meals a day throughout life have never really tasted food… "