Skip to main content

Vinayaka Chavithi

Two days ago I was thinking about pasham and gave up on it for the drying that I would have to do before. My MIL asked if I was going to make it. when I told her of the drying, she said it is not needed. Here I am listening to Vinayaka puja and the story. I didnt roll out too many of them. But after a bit of boiling and adding the fried almonds, I could tell when it was syrupy and done.
Growing up, there was devotional songs all around the community with huge idols of Ganesha. Small packets of lemon rice and laddu were disributed freely. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.